Whether you are interested in managing stress or in exploring the spiritual side of meditation, you will feel welcome. Small classes and experienced instructors provide a quality learning environment, with time for individual questions and in-depth exploration. Each class includes guided and silent practice time.
Meditation is for everyone and requires no outward affiliation or belief system.
This 6-weeks course is based on a practical and powerful method of meditation brought to the West by Paramhansa Yogananda.
What will you learn during this course?
- How to sit comfortably for meditation
- Simple stretches and breathing techniques to help release tension and relax the body
- Using the intimate connection that exists between mind and breath to relax, concentrate, and experience the peace and stillness that awaits you at the center of your being.
- Energization Exercises developed and brought to us by Paramhansa Yogananda – a very important contribution to the art and science of Yoga!
- A simple yet powerful meditation technique: The Hong Sau technique is one of the most sacred and ancient of all yoga practices.
- Tips and insights for developing and maintaining your meditation practice at home.
- Ongoing personal support and group meditations
- Bringing meditation into daily life.
No prior meditation experience necessary.
November 3 – December 8, 2015
Time: 7:00 – 8:30pm
Location: Ananda Meditation Center
24445 Hawthorne Blvd. Ste 200 Torrance, CA 90505
Phone: (310) 779-9131
Course Fee: $150.00 (Includes course materials)
- Book: Lessons in Meditation by Jyotish Novak
- Companion audio CD with guided Meditations and Visualizations
- DVD with guided Energization Exercises
You can repeat this course, or parts of it, any time, at no charge! We would love to have you!
For more information, please call (310) 779-9131.